Home > Properties
Self catering apartment in family friendly resort France
Apartment in Alps, France
Self-catering penthouse apartment Les Iris, is very large and fully equipped for up to 10 people with a combination of various sleeping arrangements. The apartment, based in Drouzin le Mont close by the Portes du Soleil, Haute Savoie, covers the whole of the top floor of the block so is on one level with access via lift and stairs.
The main living area is a large ‘L’ shaped room (floor area 40 m2) with a vaulted ceiling over the kitchen and dining area.
* Kitchen area - fully equipped with fridge, freezer, microwave, electric hob with 4 rings , full sized electric oven/grill, dishwasher and washing machine.
* Dining area - table, 6 chairs & bench, normally seats 8, but can be extended to seat 12 (child high chair available).
* Living area – sofa bed, chairs, TV & DVD player(region 2), coffee table and assorted stools, access to large balcony.
The sleeping arrangements are very flexible:
* Bedroom 1 – family sized room (floor area 18.5 m2) with double bed (can be split into 2 single beds) & additional single bed, wardrobe and sink, access to balcony.
* Bathroom - bath with shower, wash basin, w.c.
* Bedroom 2 - family sized room (floor area 13.5 m2) with double bed (can be split into 2 single beds) & two single beds, fitted wardrobe and sink.
* Bedroom 3 - (floor area 7.6 m2) double bed and wardrobe.
* Shower room - shower, wash basin, w.c.
* Cubby Hole - cosey low roofed area with large Velux window, fitted with futon type beds, ideal for youngster or adventurous adult.
* Living area - double sofa bed.
* Child’s folding cot available on request
There are pillows and duvets provided. Guests are responsible for providing their own bed linen and towels (sheets, duvet covers, pillow cases and towels). There are local arrangements for hiring linen and towels for €14 per person per week (please ask for more details).
Parking and Storage:
There is ample on site parking and for those guests who need a large secure storage area there is the possibility of using a full sized garage. There is also a lockable ski cave for guest use.
Heating and lighting:
Les Iris is energy efficient having a very high level of insulation. In addition to the underfloor heating in the main living area, each room has an electric radiator with individual controls; this allows guests to control the temperature in their bedroom by simply turning down the radiator rather than having to open windows and doors. Energy efficient lighting is standard and the cost of the electricity is included in the weekly rental.
More InformationAbout SkiingDrouzin le Mont has a local ski area just across the road which offers skiing and snowboarding in a family friendly environment for 11 weeks from Christmas to March.
Details of the resort:
8 skilifts : 2 chairlifts, 4 draglifts, 2 snow-wires
16 slopes : 2 greens, 8 blues, 5 reds, 1 black
It has its own ski school and several ski hire shops. For some guests the location and good value of the skiing here means that trips further afield are not necessary.
Remember, there are several other small family friendly resorts close by which offer the similar uncrowded and relaxed opportunities, such as Abondance and Saint Jean d’Aulps.
For the more experienced and adventurous the Portes du Soleil, one of the largest linked ski areas in the world with over 650km of prepared pistes is only a 20 minute drive away. The nearest resort is Morzine with direct access to the high level resort of Avoriaz with its long and sometime, hard runs and excellent snowboard park.
There are of course all the other winter activities on your door step, snowshoe walking, which is fun for everyone, sledging and tobogganing, cross-county or telemark skiing.
Or you can relax and have a hot chocolate in the local restaurant.
Local Area InformationDrouzin le Mont is a small family resort in the Haute Savoie region of the French Alps. Situated in the hamlet of the Col du Corbier it offers a superb base for exploring the area and access to a wealth of outdoor pursuits all year round.
Based on the edge of the Portes du Soleil piste map, it is a small “satellite” ski village between the Chatel and Morzine Valleys.
The ski resort itself is particularly suited to beginners and families. It has 15 ski runs ranging from green to red/black. Two ski lifts are directly opposite the apartment and you have fabulous views of the nursery and local pistes from the balcony.
Easy access, only 10 minutes away from the old village of Abondance, and 5 minutes above the village of Le Biot. The area is not yet linked to the main Portes du Soleil region by lifts but it is only a 10 minute car journey to St Jean D’Aulps, 20 minutes to Chatel or the resorts of Morzine and just over an hour to Geneva airport.
Locally, in the resort and with a few minutes walk of the Les Iris you can:
* Nature trail for children (although adults are allowed to participate too).
* Rock climbing, 5 minutes walk from the apartment there are 20 bolted routes at L’Arblay, guide book available.
* Hiking, several marked routes, including my favourite, the Tour de Monzon where you get views over Lac de Leman and Mont Blanc.
* Cycling – down hill is great, back up the hill is another story
* Tennis – court needs to be booked and costs €5 per hour.
* Fishing – rod hire & license €5 needed
Close by there is also:
* Horse riding/Pony trekking – at Montriond, St. Jean d’Aulps and Avoriaz
* Via ferrata
* Water sports: White water rafting, Canoeing and Hydrospeed and a wide range of Sailing opportunities around Lake Geneva.
* Ice skating and ice hockey in Morzine.
For you adrenaline junkies, Chatel also has one of the longest, fastest aerial runways in the world. This crosses over a valley with riders achieving speeds up to 70 mph.
Food and restaurants:
Five minutes from the apartment is Chez Michel et Mado a family run and very French restaurant which is open 365 days a year. It provides fresh bread, eggs and milk daily. There is also a small store with a limited selection of basics.
Nearby in Le Biot and St. Jean d’Aulps there are more shops and eateries as well as large supermarkets for the large weekly shop.
|Location:||Portes Du Soleil, Alps, France|
|Map : ||Sorry, no map.|
|This Property Sleeps:||10|
|Minimum Price Per Week:||€500 (Currency Converter)|
|Maximum Price Per Week:||€1050|
|25% deposit taken at reservation Full payment six weeks before arrival 225 security deposit|
* Close to a Ski Resort
* Children are allowed
Accommodation and Facilities Summary
|Bathroom||Bathrooms 1, Toilets 2, Shower Rooms 1|
|Bedroom||Doubles 1, Twins 3|
|Dining||Dining room table, Seating for >10 People|
|Entertainment||TV, DVD Player|
|Kitchen||High Chair Available, Crockery & Cutlery Provided, Microwave, Dishwasher, Washing Machine, Hob, Oven, Freezer, Fridge, Separate dining area, Grill, Toaster|
|Laundry||Nearby Laundrette, Washing Machine Provided, Linen Provided, Towels Provided, Clothes Dryer, Iron, Ironing Board|
|Living Room||Seating for 10 People, Sofas 2, Fold Out Beds Sleeping 1|
|Local Activities||Cycling, Fishing, Horse Riding, Mountain Biking, Sailing, Tennis, Swimming, Walking, Surfing, Skiing, Snowboarding, Mountaineering, Diving, Water Park, Water Sports|
|Local Area||Quiet Bars and Pubs, Restaurants, The local town is Lively but not wild|
|Location||In the mountains, Distance to beach >5km, Distance to convenience store <100m, Distance to local restaraunts <100m, In a Town, Distance to Airport 50-100km, In the Country, Remote Location|
|Outside||Parking, Balcony, Garage|
|Suitability||No Pets, Family Oriented, Children Welcome, Geared Towards Younger People, Low Allergen environment, Non Smoking Only|
|Accommodation||Accommodation Type: Self Catering, Size: Spacious, Changeover Day Sat|
|Theme||Quiet yet close to local activity|